What Deschutes does
Deschutes Brewery, located in Central Oregon along the banks of the wild and scenic Deschutes River, has brewed a family of handcrafted ales since 1988. Starting out as a small brewpub in the heart of downtown Bend, Deschutes’ first beers were Black Butte Porter, Bachelor Bitter and Cascade Golden Ale. For 2016, Deschutes offers EIGHT year-round offerings:
- Black Butte Porter
- Mirror Pond Pale Ale
- Inversion IPA
- Obsidian Stout
- Chainbreaker White IPA
- Deschutes River Ale
- Big Rig Pub Ale
- Down N Dirty IPA
Why we like Deschutes
When you visit Bend, Oregon, it seems super likely that you’d stop by the brew pub to have a meal and a drink. If you do, be sure to sample the Ultimate Pub Fries and the House-Baked Pretzel to get things started. The atmosphere is uniquely Bend at the Public House: laid back, friendly, with most patrons having a lower heart than yours.
Deschutes has been extremely generous to MFG and to StarCrossed, and to cyclocross in general. Even after being a major sponsor and host to a national caliber event like CX Nats in 2009 and in 2010, Deschutes still dedicates time, effort, and money to other cyclocross events on the regional and local level.
At MFG this year, Deschutes is generously given to select age-appropriate categories during The Treatment.
Deschutes clearly loves cyclocross and has been so supportive of MFG.
Five things you should know about Deschutes
- Black Butte Porter, Bachelor Bitter, and Cascade Golden Ale were the OG three beers back in 1988.
- Red Chair NWPA is a more subtle, less-hoppy pale, which is available seasonally.
- Black Butte XXVIII (Special Reserve) is 11.6% ABV!
- Deschutes Brewery reach is now US-wide. Plans are in the works for a Roanoke, VA facility.
- Deschutes mobile beer tavern is named Woody and can be found here.