Series Team Competition
Teams can compete for the Team Series Championship by earning points at all six MFG races for 2012. Participating teams will accumulate points at each race based on the individual points earned by their best placing rider in up to five unique categories.
- For each team, points earned by one rider in five unique categories at each race event will count toward the team score for that day’s race. The riders earning points do not need to be the same at each race.
- Teams with less than five unique categories represented are eligible to participate.
- The individual season points earned by each of the five riders from the team will be totaled and teams will ranked for that day’s race based on these points.
- Teams will be awards points based on their team ranking for that day’s race in reverse order of their placing. For example if 19 teams submit team scores the winning team will receive 19 points for winning that day’s race team competition. The 19th ranked team will receive 1 point. The more teams that submit team scores for that day’s race, the more points for the win.
- The team with the highest total score at the end of the series is the winner. A tie for first place will be broken based on the best point total at the last race in the series.
- Team competition leaders will be announced prior to each of the individual race dates. The Team Series Champion will be announced at the post-season party where they can pick up the big prize.
Team Result Submission:
To participate, each team must submit a list of their best scoring riders in up to five unique categories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Team submittals must be received by 5:00PM on the Thursday following the previously completed race in the series to be count.
An example of the email would look like this:
Rider 1: Trey Anastasio, Singlespeed Men, 14th place
Rider 2: Mark Longman, Cat 4 Men, 8th place
Rider 3: Haruki Murakami, Cat 1/2 55+ Men, 2nd place
Rider 4: M.I.A, Singlespeed Women, 1st place
Rider 5: Russell Wilson, 10-12 grade Boys, 2nd place