|Wednesday August 15, 22 and 29
6:00 PM FORMAT CHANGE FOR 8/29:
We are adding a Women’s Race to the 6:40 pm start time during the Category A race. This race will be scored separately and will be the Women’s Short Course Cyclocross Wednesday Night World Championship. Expect prizes. Hope to see a nice turnout. Please spread the word.
Driving Directions & Parking
Driving directions per Seattle Parks and Recreation posted here. Bicycle riding to venue encouraged. Best to park in the lot adjacent to Field #6 as shown on this map. Start and staging area for races will be at Field #11 on this map.
Twenty minute heats will be raced for each category to qualify 20 riders for one lap elimination semi finals. Five riders will qualify from each semifinal to a one lap final.Race Schedule
Heats start at 6:00 PM.
- 6:00 PM – Category C (20 minutes; top-20 advance)
- 6:20 PM – Category B (20 minutes; top-20 advance)
- 6:40 PM Category A (20 minutes; top-20 advance)
- 7:00 PM Category C Semi-finals (One lap; top-5 advance)
- 7:15 PM Category B Semi-finals (One lap; top-5 advance)
- 7:30 PM Category A Semi-finals (One lap; top-5 advance)
- 7:45 PM Cat C FINALS (One lap)
- 7:55 PM Cat B FINALS (One lap)
- 8:00 PM Cat A FINALS (One lap)
Registration (REGISTRATION IS DAY-OF ONLY. PLEASE TRY TO BRING CORRECT CHANGE.)
Registration opens promptly at 5:00 pm. Registration closes ten minutes before the start of your Category’s heat. Signed waiver form is required with registration. USA Cycling racing licenses are not required. Race fee is $12 (includes sales tax).
Categories are self-seeding. Sandbagging will not be tolerated. Riders are encouraged to chose the category that provides them the maximum challenge while allowing for them to be competitive.
Category C = Men Beginners, Category 4′s with very little experience, Women Cat 3/4, Beginners, and Juniors under 15
Category B = Men Cat 3 Masters, Back of the Pack Cat 3′s, Front of the Pack Cat 4′s, Cat 1/2 Women, and Juniors 15 and over
Category A = Men Cat 1/2′s and Front of the Pack Cat 3′s
- Alcohol on race premise will not be tolerated per Seattle City Parks and Rec rules
- Please ride to the race