Fees (NO REFUNDS. PERIOD.)
Season Pass = $125 (six races for the price of five) – Purchase at BikeReg.com until 9/3/12.
All Races*= $30 ($5 discount for pre-registering)
*Junior Riders = $10
*Beginner Category = $15
*Second race entered = $15
*Little Kids Race (Under 10) = Free
All prices include sales tax.
Day of Race registration and rider category changes will close 25 minutes before start of each category. If you have pre-registered for a single race, or have purchased a Season Pass, you do not need to check in this year! Simply bring your bib number, and show up on the start line. NO MORE WAITING IN LINES! To ensure the most accurate results, no rider will be allowed to register once registration is closed. Additionally:
- No paper form is necessary if you acknowledged the online pre-registration waiver
- Signed waiver form is required with day-of registration.
- Only one waiver is required for the entire MFG season – you do not need to fill out a new one at each MFG Series race
- USA Cycling racing licenses are not required
Changing Categories for Season Pass Holders
Season Pass Holders can change categories throughout the season. Please complete the following if you are changing categories, or flip-flopping each week:
1. Bring and use your SAME MFG number, regardless of category change.
2. If you are a Season Pass Holder, please email us (email@example.com) each time/race you want to change your category by Wednesday at 11pm prior to each race. (No need to go to registration on the day of to check-in)
3. Show up at least 25 minutes before your race and confirm with registration that you’re changing categories.
Race numbers will be assigned for the entire season. If you change categories, or race multiple races a day, you can use the SAME number. (eg: You can wear bib #73 in the singlespeed race, and the Cat 4 race.) We will not re-issue new numbers for different races. PLEASE BRING YOUR MFG CYCLOCROSS NUMBER TO EVERY RACE. You will not be scored if you wear a bib number from a different race series.
Categories are self-seeding. Sandbagging will not be tolerated. Riders are encouraged to chose the category that provides them the maximum challenge while allowing for them to be competitive.
Beginner = Little or no racing experience in any cycling discipline (any rider who finished in the top 10 of Beginner race in 2011 is asked to ride Cat 4 in 2012)
Cat 4 = CX beginner with experience in other cycling disciplines
Cat 3 = Intermediate
Cat 2 = Advanced
Cat 1 = National Level
Masters = Age graded 35 and over (born 1978 or earlier). Combine your ability/experience with your age to chose a category i.e. over 45 beginner = Cat 4 Master 45+. For the 2011/2012 cyclocross season Master ages will be broken down by the following birth years: 1978 or earlier (35+), 1968 or earlier (45+), and 1958 or earlier (55+).
Juniors = Will race by school grade level in 2012. Juniors will grouped as follows: Grades 3-5, Grades 6 & 7, Grades 8 &9, Grades 10-12.
Rules and Equipment
Races will be governed by USA Cycling rules for cyclocross, rider conduct, and equipment regulations. It is the rider’s responsibility to know these rules. All rules and regulations will be enforced by MFG Cyclocross staff. Mountain bikes will be allowed. Helmets are required by rules in the USA Cycling rulebook.
Full Speed Ahead provides neutral support at each race. FSA’s neutral support program will offer free service, pit work, wheels, parts and general help. This includes race day emergency repairs and neutral wheels in the pits. Look for the FSA Sprinter Van and tent near the pits.
Start Order Procedure
The top eight riders in the series standings will be placed in the front row. From the 2nd row on, riders will be staged randomly. This order will be mixed up from race to race.
Scoring and Results
Hip and shoulder Bib Numbers must be worn properly – on the correct side for the day (left or right) and clearly visible to the judges at the finish line. It is your responsibility to display your bib number properly, you may not be scored if we cannot read your bib number.
- If you have more than one Series Bib Number because of losing one or racing multiple categories, it is your responsibility to wear the one that you checked in with at registration.
- Please ensure that ponytails, hydration packs, etc do not cover your bib number.
- When crossing the finish line please do not sit-up or raise your hands or otherwise prevent us from reading your bib number.
- If for any reason we cannot determine who you are by your bib number you will not be placed in the race.
Results will be posted after each race on-site and protests must be submitted on a form provided by MFG cyclocross which can be obtained at the finish line information desk.
We post results on mfgcyclocross.com by Monday morning.
Once results are posted on our website, we will grant 24 hours for review.
After 24 hours have passed, all results are final.
All result inquiries should be emailed to results [at] mfgcyclocross [dot] com. In the subject line please include: Race, Category Race, Name.
The following information is required, without it we will not be able to resolve your inquiry:
- Bib Number
- First and Last Name
- Description of the problem, e.g:
- This is not helpful: “I wasn’t 17th”
- This is helpful: “I believe I finished 4th or 5th, not 17th, because I was not lapped and finished close behind my teammate, Dorothy Johnson, #123, who placed 2nd.”
To learn more about how races are scored please read this document.
Overall Series Standings
*Overall series standing will be scored for all categories except Beginners.
*All 6 races in the MFG series count toward the overall series standings.
*The final race of the year is scored for single points in the same way as all other races.
*Every race counts; no placings are dropped.
*If you upgrade to another category in the middle of the season, points are not carried over.
Ties will be broken by:
A. Greatest number of wins; if still tied
B. By placing in the final race
Series Leader Jersey
- The leaders on Series Points in the Rapha Cat 1/2 Men and Women Categories will be awarded the Rapha Leader’s Jersey. The Leader’s Jersey must be worn by the current Series Leader or season points from the day’s races will be forfeited.
- The leaders on Series Points in the Brouwer’s Cafe Single Speed Men and Women Categories will be awarded the Brouwer’s Cafe Leader’s Fanny Pack. The current Series Leader must start and finish the day’s race with the Leader’s Fanny Pack or season points from the day’s races will be forfeited.
Overall Series Prizes
Prizes will be awarded at the series end party for the all categories for at least the series winner, and potentially for 2nd overall as well. A category must have eight riders at ALL SIX MFG Races to be eligible for overall series prizes. Prizes will be allocated at the end of year party to winners in a creative manner, most likely based on a final game of skill, luck, and fun.
1st through 20th places receive points as follows:
30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 21, 20, 19, 17, 16, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3
Prizes will be awarded at MFG races in all categories, 3-places deep. Prizes should be picked up at Customer Service, the DAY OF the event.
Rapha Elite Men and Women’s Payout
Rapha is proudly sponsoring the Elite Men and Womens races. The payout for Men and Women is equal and as follows:
Elite Men and Women, 1st Place: $80
Elite Men and Women, 2nd Place: $60
Elite Men and Women, 3rd Place: $40