Fees (NO REFUNDS. PERIOD.)
Season Pass = $125 (six races for the price of five) – Purchase at BikeReg.com until 9/26/14.
All Races*= $30 ($5 discount for pre-registering)
*Junior Riders = $10
*Beginner Category = $15
*Second race entered = $15
*Little Kids Race (Under 10) = Free
CASH OR CHECK ONLY ON-SITE
All prices include sales tax.
Registration (please read thoroughly and carefully)
- Day of race registration, rider category changes, and bib/chip verification must occur 20 minutes before start of each category race. Race will close 20 minutes prior to each start time and all above tasks must be completed to be entered into a race.
- Only one waiver is required for the entire MFG season – you do not need to fill out a new one at each MFG Series race
- To ensure the most accurate results, no rider will be allowed to register once registration is closed
- USA Cycling racing licenses are not required
- Read here about Race Day Rider Check-In.
Race Numbers & Timing Chips
- Numbers & chips will be assigned for the entire season. PLEASE BRING YOUR MFG CYCLOCROSS NUMBER TO EVERY RACE
- Use the same number even if you change categories or race multiple races a day (eg: you can wear bib #73 in the singlespeed race, and the Cat 4 race.) We will not re-issue new numbers for different races
- Timing chips can be used at both MFG and Cross Revolution races this year
- Bib numbers are specific to MFG.
- A replacement chip will cost $5. Chips are required.
- Numbers are to pinned on the jersey on the back of the left shoulder. Timing chips are to be mounted to the helmet. Examples: Bib Number Pinned | Timing Chip Installed |
Pre-Registered Riders + Season Pass Holders
- IF YOU ARE PRE-REGISTERED or HAVE A SEASON PASS, AND ALREADY HAVE BIB NUMBER AND TIMING CHIP YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHECK IN. HEAD TO THE START WITH YOUR BIB AND YOUR CHIP.
- No paper form is necessary if you acknowledged the online pre-registration waiver
Season Pass Holders only
- You can change categories throughout the season. Please confirm desired race category when you check in at each race, at least 20 minutes prior to your start time.
- Bring and use your SAME MFG number and timing chip, regardless of category change
Categories are self-seeding. Sandbagging will not be tolerated. Riders are encouraged to chose the category that provides them the maximum challenge while allowing for them to be competitive.
Beginner = Little or no racing experience in any cycling discipline. It is suggested that any rider who finished in the top-5 of any Beginner race in 2013 is asked to ride a Cat 4 category (Masters is ok) in 2014.
Beginner = Beginner to bike racing in all disciplines
Cat 4 = CX beginner with experience in other cycling disciplines
Cat 3 = Intermediate
Cat 2 = Advanced
Cat 1 = National Level
Masters = Age graded 35 and over (born 1980 or earlier). Combine your ability/experience with your age to chose a category i.e. over 45 beginner = Cat 4 Master 45+. For the 2014/2015 cyclocross season Master ages will be broken down by the following birth years: 1980 or earlier (35+), 1970or earlier (45+), and 1960 or earlier (55+).
Juniors = Will race by year born. Juniors will grouped as follows: Birth years 2005-2003; birth years 2002 & 2001; birth years 2000 & 1999.
Pre-Juniors = Will race by year born. Pre-Juniors will grouped as follows: Birth years 2007 & 2006. This will be a one lap race on the race course proper for kids that have out grown the Little Kids Race. This race will not be scored.
Rules and Equipment
Races will be governed by USA Cycling rules for cyclocross, rider conduct, and equipment regulations. It is the rider’s responsibility to know these rules. All rules and regulations will be enforced by MFG Cyclocross staff. Helmets are required by rules in the USA Cycling rulebook. Read rulebook here.
Rule Exceptions / Clarifications:
- Mountain bikes are allow. Forward facing bar ends are not allowed on any bikes.
- Singlespeed categories can be raced with zip ties on shifters to prevent shifting.
- Feeding is allowed.
- Rule 1J5 regarding cycling jerseys will not be used.
Full Speed Ahead provides neutral support at each race. FSA’s neutral support program will offer free service, pit work, wheels, parts and general help. This includes race day emergency repairs and neutral wheels in the pits. Look for the FSA Sprinter Van and tent near the pits.
Start Order Procedure
The top sixteen riders in the series standings will be placed in the front row. From the 2nd row on, riders will be staged randomly. This order will be mixed up from race to race.
Scoring and Results
Bib Numbers and Timing Chips must be worn properly – timing chips on helmet and bib number on the correct side for the day (left or right) and clearly visible to the judges at the finish line. It is your responsibility to display your bib number properly, you may not be scored if we cannot read your bib number or timing chip.
- If you have more than one Series Bib Number because of losing one or racing multiple categories, it is your responsibility to wear the one that you checked in with at registration.
- Please ensure that ponytails, hydration packs, etc do not cover your bib number.
- When crossing the finish line please do not sit-up or raise your hands or otherwise prevent us from reading your bib number.
- If for any reason we cannot determine who you are by your bib number you will not be placed in the race.
You will not be scored if:
- Your timing chip is poorly placed and can’t be read – mount it on your helmet (examples at registration)
- You do not wear a MFG bib number and timing chip
- You wear a bib number from a different race series
- We can’t read your bib# because it’s upside down, on the wrong side, poorly placed, etc
Results will be posted after each race on-site and protests must be submitted on a form provided by MFG cyclocross which can be obtained at the finish line information desk.
Results Protest Protocol
Results will be posted on turboreg.net. There is a good chance you’ll be able to see results from your smart phone at the event or at Customer Service about 30 minutes after your race finishes. Once results are posted on turboreg.net/at the venue, protests will only be accepted if:
1. They are filed on-site, at Customer Service, using our Protest Form, by 5pm of race day
2. You correctly wore your MFG bib number and timing chip during your registered race
Protests will not be accepted via email at any point.
Raleigh Bike Demo Program – Details listed here.
Garmin Hole Shot Competition
At all 2014 MFG races, there will be a competition for the fastest time from the FINISH LINE forward to the Garmin Hole Shot sign. A Garmin prize will be awarded to the fastest male and female of the day who upload their file on Garmin Connect. (Strava will not be used for this competition)
Overall Series Standings
*Overall series standing will be scored for all categories except Beginners.
*All 6 races in the MFG series count toward the overall series standings.
*The final race of the year is scored for single points in the same way as all other races.
*Every race counts; no placings are dropped.
*If you upgrade to another category in the middle of the season, points are not carried over.
1st through 20th places receive points as follows:
30, 28, 26, 24, 22, 21, 20, 19, 17, 16, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 6, 5, 3
Ties will be broken by:
A. Greatest number of wins; if still tied
B. By placing in the final race
Daily Prizes & Podium Presentations
“The Treatment” – In 2014 we will be rolling out the red carpet for one start time per week for all categories in that start time. We are dubbing this as “The Treatment”. The Treatment will include excellent prizes and podium presentations for the top-3 finishers as well as a celebrated call-up for the top-16 on Season Points and other start line amenities for all riders. All Podium Presentations will be done at the “MFG Truck” at the finish line.
The Treatment Schedule:
- 9/7/14 – 9:30 AM and 1:35 PM Races
- 9/28/14 – 10:20 AM Races
- 10/5/14 – 11:10 AM Races
- 10/19/14 – 12:05 PM Races
- 11/2/14 – 12:45 PM Races
- 11/9/14 – 2:30 PM Races
Element Cycles Elite Men and Women’s Payout
The payout for Men and Women is equal and as follows:
- Elite Men and Women, 1st Place: $80
- Elite Men and Women, 2nd Place: $60
- Elite Men and Women, 3rd Place: $40
MFG Cyclocross Overall Series Prizes
Senior and Master Riders (Cat 4, 3, 2/1, Singlespeed, Clydesdale and all Master’s category for men and women): Prizes will be awarded at the series-end party for all above-mentioned categories for at least the series winner, and potentially for 2nd overall as well. Prizes will be allocated at the end of year party to winners in a creative manner, most likely based on a final game of skill, luck, and fun.
Junior Riders (All ages categories for boys and girls): Series winners will be crowned at the series-end party and awarded with a Series Winner custom thermos for any junior category, no matter the amount of racers in the class. Additionally, gift cards to Molly Moons Ice Cream will be allocated to the 1st and 2nd place riders in the series in any junior category, no matter the amount of racers in the class. Juniors will not be competing for prizes at the prize table at the series-end party.
Beginner Riders: We do not calculate series prizes for the Beginners Classes.