In 2015 & 2016 we presented Nine2Five, an eight hour mountain bike race, for teams and solo riders. We return the race in 2020 on Solstice at Methow Singletrack Solstice. Come join us for Washington’s longest mountain bike race on longest day of the year, Saturday, June 20th. Beyond the 8-hour MTB race Methow Singletrack Solstice will feature Women’s Skills Camp, FUNDURO!, Singletrack Solstice Shuttle and beer garden June 20th & 21st. The course will feature new trails at Sun Mountain with a unique two course format. Form your two or three person team for this fun and challenge race.
Saturday, June 20th, 2020
9:30 AM – Rider Check- In / Number Pick-Up Opens
10:45 AM – Rider Check- In / Number Pick-Up Closes
9:00 AM – Mass Start
12:30 – 1:00 PM – Change Over from AM Course to PM Course
4:59:59 PM – Last Rider out on Last Lap
5:00 PM – Finish
5:30 PM – Dinner, Music & Beer Garden
6:00 PM – Awards
9:04 PM – Sunset
* Varsity = High School Students & advance riders in Middle School Student
* Junior Varsity = Teams of 3-6 riders in High School & Middle School
- Racing Ages are based on rider’s age on 12/31/20. Team ages are based on the total age of the team members.
- Any category with less than three riders or teams will be combine with another category where possible.
- Team names must be unique from one team to another.
- Riders on teams can register individually on Webscorer.com but team names must match exactly when registering. A team captain can also register all riders on a team at one time on Webscorer.com
From Winthrop: Head southeast on Riverside Ave toward WA-20. Turn right on Twin Lakes Rd / White Ave. Take a slight right onto Patterson Lake Rd. Turn left on Thompson Road/NF-4410 into parking lot for Chickadee Trailhead parking lot.
From Twisp: Head north on WA-20 towards Winthrop. Turn left on Twin Lakes Rd . Turn left onto Patterson Lake Rd. Turn left on Thompson Road/NF-4410 into parking lot for Chickadee Trailhead parking lot.
The start / finish / lap exchange will be from Chickadee Trailhead Warming Hut. The AM course will feature Climb It, Woodpecker, Pete’s Dragon and Magpie trails. The AM course will have more climbing per lap than the PM Course. The PM course will feature Yellow Jacket, Black Bear and Patterson Lake trails. The change from the AM to PM course will occur between 12:30 & 1:00 PM when the leaders (team or rider with the most completed laps at the time) of the entire race come through.
Rules & Equipment
Races will be governed by USA Cycling rules for mountain bike racing, rider conduct, and equipment regulations. It is the rider’s responsibility to know these rules. All rules and regulations will be enforced by Low Pressure Promotions, LLC staff. Helmets are required by rules in the USA Cycling rulebook. This event is non-sanctioned.
Scoring & Rider Transition
- Numbers plates will be issued to each rider.
- Members of teams will have unique numbers but will be scored as a team based on a unique team name that is associated to numbers of each of the team riders.
- Details on rider exchange rules TBD.
- No team will be allow onto the course for a final lap after 6:59:59 PM.
- Riders/teams who approach the finish line just before 6:59:59 that do not want to go out for a final lap will be held short of the finish line in a waiting area so they can scored the final time after 7:00 pm.
Food & Hydration Station
Details coming. There will be at least one neutral aid station. Riders are strongly encourage to bring food and water to support their own team.
- Awards will be presented to the top three teams in each category.
Visit WintropWashington.com to find information on camping, motels and nightly rentals.