Everyone in attendance in 2014 loved the inaugural MFG Nine2Five. We are proud to bring the second annual edition of our all-day mountain bike situation. The our new course for 2015 will provide plenty of up, down, and around on the 360 Trails in Gig Harbor, WA. There is a solo, 2-person, or 3-person category for nearly every rider. We are personally partial to the 3-person team experience.
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
7:30 AM – Rider Check- In / Number Pick-Up Opens
8:45 AM – Rider Check- In / Number Pick-Up Closes
9:00 AM – Mass Start
4:59:59 PM – Last Rider out on Last Lap
5:00 PM – Finish
6:00 PM – Awards / Podium Dinner
8:52 PM – Sunset
Single Speed Men
Single Speed Women
Juniors (all riders U-19)
4-6 Person Corporate ($180)
* Racing Ages are based on rider’s age on 12/31/16. Team ages are based on the total age of the team members.
* Any category with less than three riders or teams will be combine with another category where possible.
* Team names must be unique from one team to another.
* Riders on teams can register individually on Webscorer.com but team names must match exactly when registering. A team captain can also register all riders on a team at one time on Webscorer.com
From I-5 North or South exit to WA-16 West. Take the exit toward WA-302 W/Purdy Key Center. Continue onto Purdy Dr NW. Turn left onto WA-302 W. Parking will be on the right after about three miles. If you get to 118th street you have gone too far.
The course at 360 Trails is ideally suited for a team relay event. The course is a nice balance of singletrack and doubletrack demanding good bike handling skills while also allowing opportunities for passing. The singletrack is purpose built for mountain biking with numerous bermed corners and jump lines available. The track will be about 7 miles long with around 800′ of climbing per lap.
Registration is now closed.
Rules & Equipment
Races will be governed by USA Cycling rules for mountain bike racing, rider conduct, and equipment regulations. It is the rider’s responsibility to know these rules. All rules and regulations will be enforced by Low Pressure Promotions, LLC staff. Helmets are required by rules in the USA Cycling rulebook. This event is non-sanctioned.
Scoring & Rider Transition
- Numbers plates will be issued to each rider.
- Members of teams will have unique numbers but will be scored as a team based on a unique team name that is associated to numbers of each of the team riders.
- At the end of each lap solo riders will continue on through the Start Finish line onto their next lap.
- At the the end of each lap riders on teams exchanging out of the race will have to physically tag their teammate going into the race. Riders coming into the race will be held on the right side of the course in a holding pen. As their teammate crosses the Finish Line can they leave the holding pen to meet their exchanging rider for the tag off.
- No team will be allow onto the course for a final lap after 4:59:59 PM.
- Riders/teams who approach the finish line just before 4:59:59 that do not want to go out for a final lap will be held short of the finish line in a waiting area so they can scored the final time after 5:00 pm.
Food & Hydration Station
While we strongly suggest all riders plan for their own hydration and nutrition needs for the entire race we will have a Food & Hydration Station at the Rider Transition Zone. Nuun will be on site keeping you hydrated correctly while we will also be provide a selection of foods for bonk protection.
- All riders and teams in the top three will receive dinner on-site following their podium presentation.
- Winning riders and teams will receive a homemade addition to their dinners that was baked and has sugar in it.
Free on-site camping will be offered. Spots must be reserved on Webscorer.com in advance so we can plan. Please only reserve a spot if you intend to use it. All campers must check-in to receive a permit at Terry’s White VW EuroVan Camper Saturday night. There are no fire pits allowed on site. Bring your own water.