Here are the details for Magnuson Park Cross, Sunday, October 16, 2016.
Directions & Parking:
We encourage transportation modes that are low to no impact to Magnuson Park for this race:
1. Riding to the venue via the Burke Gilman
2. Car-pooling with team mates
3. Taking the bus to the event
From Interstate 5, you can exit at either N.E. 45th Street (Exit #169) or N.E. 65th Street (Exit #171).
From the N.E. 45th Street exit, go east on 45th, past the University of Washington, and down the 45th Street ramp. Continue east past University Village Shopping Center. Bear left and continue about 2 miles. You will pass Seattle Children’s Hospital and Sand Point Village/Princeton Avenue.
From the I-5 N.E. 65th Street exit, head east approximately four miles on 65th (stay on the arterial!) until you have crossed Sand Point Way N.E. into the N.E. 65th Street entrance to Warren G. Magnuson Park.
From State Route 520 (SR520)
• Take the Montlake Boulevard exit (north) and continue north about 1 mile.
• Bear to the right as Montlake Boulevard becomes NE 45th Street, continue past University Village Shopping Center.
• Continue east through the NE 45th/Union Bay Place intersection. As the street bears to the left and north, it then becomes Sand Point Way NE.
• Continue on Sand Point Way NE about 2 miles, you will pass Seattle Children’s Hospital and Sand Point Village/Princeton Avenue.
All registrations are done online at Webscoer.com. A Webscorer account is required.
Discounted pricing ends at Midnight Saturday, October 15, 2016.
Race day registration can be done online on your own device or on devices provided by MFG Cyclocross at the Registration Area. If you plan to register on site with MFG Cyclocross provided devices please sign up for Webscorer account in advance to help expedite the process.
If you registered online and already have a bib number and timing chip no need to visit the on-site registration.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION IS CASH, CHECK, or Visa/MasterCard
2016 Cyclocross Race Timing Chip Policy
For the 2016 cyclocross racing season, both MFG Cyclocross and Cross Revolution will be using the Dual Tag timing chip. This chip has been invented and manufactured by our finish line production partner Dave Wamsley of Center Event.
In past seasons, timing chips have been purchased, built, and provided to racers at no charge. For the 2016 season, all chips will be distributed for $5 and are guaranteed to work for 1 season. In future seasons, chips must be tested at the first race and if they don’t work, a new chip must be purchased.
Please note, this is not a rental charge. The chip is yours to keep. This cost is a direct pass through cost to Center Event for materials and labor.
Chips can be purchased at the first race of the season. Easiest if you bring a five dollar bill.
Timing Chips and Bib Numbers:
If you had and issue with being scored this season it is suggested you stop by Registration to confirm your bib and chip number are correct in the database.
Both chip and bib must be worn during races. Please make sure you use your MFG Cyclocross series number. Riders not wearing a timing chip or a bib number will be disqualified. Numbers are pinned on the jersey on the back of the left shoulder. Timing chips are to be mounted to the helmet.
Riders racing two categories will be assigned separate bib numbers and chips.
The Paper – Make sure to stop by Registration and get this week’s copy of “MFG Newspaper” now located in “The Green House of News”.
Course map: http://www.mfgcyclocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/2016-MFG_Magnuson_Course_Map.jpg
Some small modifications may be made to the course on race day.
The Here and There Grill will be on site with a complete menu for breakfast & lunch.
Tripod Coffee will be serving.
Results will be posted at Customer Service and can be found on race day using www.webscorer.com. The Webscorer app for smartphones is a great way to review results.
Results Review Protocol:
Results will be posted after each race, on-site, approximately 30 minutes after your race finishes and on Webscorer.com. If you believe your result is incorrect, please do ONE of the following
1. Go to our Customer Service tent at registration at the venue. Fill out a Results Review Form by 4:30 pm of race day
2. Send an email to email@example.com by Monday at Noon PST and include your Name, Chip Number, Bib Number, Racing Category, and a brief explanation of your result.
We will review your result inquiry if one of these two steps are followed.
The 1:15pm races will receive “The Treatment” this week. The Treatment will include excellent prizes and podium presentations for the top-3 finishers. All Podium Presentations will be done at the “MFG Truck” at the finish line.
We will also have random prizes for riders during this start time from Deschutes and other sponsors.
Cash prizes for Cat 1/2 Men and Women will be award three-deep at all races in the series.
Brouwers Hot Lap
The Brouwers Hot Lap competition is scored on the second lap for two categories at each race. The fastest second lap or “hot lap” will be awarded a Brouwers Cafe Gift Card. Winners should stop by Customer Service to pick up their Brouwers Gift Card.
This week’s categories are:
Men 55+ Cat 4 Men 45+
Winners of Brouwers Hot Laps at Katie Blincoe Prestige were:
Cat 3 Men 35+ – Bob Bautista
Cat 3 Men 45+ – Chris Wood
If you did not get your Brouwers Cafe Gift Certificate at Race #3 stop by Customer Service this week to pick it up.
The official social media hashtag for MFG Cyclocross 2016 will be #mfgcross. We love to see your experiences at the races so please tag it up.
Team Competition Instagram Photo Contest theme for this week is “Team Pyramid”.
Find us at:
Here are the details for tent set up this Sunday at Magnuson Park Cross:
1. View Course Map for location.
2. Tents must be loaded in by 8:00 am.
3. Tents will be placed on the west and east side of Lake Shore Drive running North from Course Crossing near the Cross Park Trail. We need a walking path left down the middle. Tents one deep on each side. If we overflow this area tents will go one deep along the south, west perimeter of Parking Lot E4 at the end of Lake Shore Drive.
4. Team cars that will at the venue all day can park in the center parking spots in Parking Lot E4 at the end of Lake Shore Drive.
5. No trailers or cars in line with tents this week. Team cars and trailers can be parked in center spots of Parking Lot E4 at the end of Lake Shore Drive. The front half of this lot will be used for the Vendor Expo. Cars will not be able to leave this lot until the final race is finished.
6. Tents will not be allowed in any other area.
7. Tent Setup in Seattle Parks:
A. Tents with blank tops can be set up for no fee (example: a blue tent)
B. Tents with club logos that do not promote a commercial licensed for-profit or not-profit organization can be set up for no fee (example: Soft Like Kitten’s tent).
C. Tents with logos promoting a commercial licensed for-profit or not-profit organization must pay a $50 fee for a single tent and a $200 fee for two to three tents (examples: Team Group Health’s or Team Audi’s tent). Payment for these tents will be collected by Zac Daab on site day of race.