Here are the details for Woodland Park GP, Sunday, November 13, 2016.
Directions & Parking:
From I-5 North/South take the NE 50th Street exit. Travel west on 50th to Woodland Park. Limited parking in gravel lot off of 50th just east of Hwy 99 overpass. More parking off of Greenlake Way N and W Greenlake Way N on east side of park. Please carpool. Parking is limited.
All registrations are done online at Webscoer.com. A Webscorer account is required.
Discounted pricing ends at Midnight Saturday, November 12, 2016.
Race day registration can be done online on your own device or on devices provided by MFG Cyclocross at the Registration Area. If you plan to register on site with MFG Cyclocross provided devices please sign up for Webscorer account in advance to help expedite the process.
If you registered online and already have a bib number and timing chip no need to visit the on-site registration.
ON-SITE REGISTRATION IS CASH, CHECK, or Visa/MasterCard
2016 Cyclocross Race Timing Chip Policy
For the 2016 cyclocross racing season, both MFG Cyclocross and Cross Revolution will be using the Dual Tag timing chip. This chip has been invented and manufactured by our finish line production partner Dave Wamsley of Center Event.
In past seasons, timing chips have been purchased, built, and provided to racers at no charge. For the 2016 season, all chips will be distributed for $5 and are guaranteed to work for 1 season. In future seasons, chips must be tested at the first race and if they don’t work, a new chip must be purchased.
Please note, this is not a rental charge. The chip is yours to keep. This cost is a direct pass through cost to Center Event for materials and labor.
Chips can be purchased at the first race of the season. Easiest if you bring a five dollar bill.
Timing Chips and Bib Numbers:
If you had and issue with being scored this season it is suggested you stop by Registration to confirm your bib and chip number are correct in the database.
Both chip and bib must be worn during races. Please make sure you use your MFG Cyclocross series number. Riders not wearing a timing chip or a bib number will be disqualified. Numbers are pinned on the jersey on the back of the left shoulder. Timing chips are to be mounted to the helmet.
Riders racing two categories will be assigned separate bib numbers and chips.
The Paper – Make sure to stop by Registration and get this week’s copy of “MFG Newspaper” now located in “The Green House of News”.
Course map: http://www.mfgcyclocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/MFG_Woodland_Park_Course_Map_16.jpg
Some small modifications may be made to the course on race day.
Course Preview with Spensor Paxson, Kona Factory Racing at 8:00 AM at the Finish Line
Here and There Grill will be on site with a complete menu for breakfast & lunch.
Tripod Coffee will be serving.
Results will be posted at Customer Service and can be found on race day using www.webscorer.com. The Webscorer app for smartphones is a great way to review results.
Results Review Protocol:
Results will be posted after each race, on-site, approximately 30 minutes after your race finishes and on Webscorer.com. If you believe your result is incorrect, please do ONE of the following
1. Go to our Customer Service tent at registration at the venue. Fill out a Results Review Form by 4:30 pm of race day
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday at Noon PST and include your Name, Chip Number, Bib Number, Racing Category, and a brief explanation of your result.
We will review your result inquiry if one of these two steps are followed.
Junior Series Awards:
Where: Podium at MFG Truck at Woodland GP located near finish line.
When: Sunday, November 13th at 2:30 PM
Who: We will award the top three in the series to all Junior categories at Woodland Park GP.
Food: Root Beer Garden in effect! And cake too!
The 10:20 AM and 12:05 PM races will receive “The Treatment” this week. The Treatment will include excellent prizes and podium presentations for the top-3 finishers. All Podium Presentations will be done at the “MFG Truck” at the finish line.
We will also have random prizes for riders during this start time from Snoqualmie Ice Cream.
Cash prizes for Cat 1/2 Men and Women will be award three-deep at all races in the series.
Brouwers Hot Lap
The Brouwers Hot Lap competition is scored on the second lap for two categories at each race. The fastest second lap or “hot lap” will be awarded a Brouwers Cafe Gift Card. Winners should stop by Customer Service to pick up their Brouwers Gift Card.
This week’s categories are:
SS Men & SS Women
Winners of Brouwers Hot Laps at Magnuson Park Cross were:
Men 60+ – Martin Rand
Clydesdale – Erik Hokanson
If you did not get your Brouwers Cafe Gift Certificate at Race #5 stop by Customer Service this week to pick it up.
The official social media hashtag for MFG Cyclocross 2016 will be #mfgcross. We love to see your experiences at the races so please tag it up.
Team Competition Instagram Photo Contest theme for this week is “Selfie with Brian Worthy” or “Supporter Sign” or “Selfie with Brian Worthy with Supporter Sign”.
Find us at:
Here are the details for tent set up this Sunday at Woodland Park GP:
1. View Course Map for location.
2. Tents must be loaded in by 8:00 am.
3. Tents will be placed in the parking spots (on both sides of the street) on the east portion of the drive loop around the picnic area at the park. Tents need to be place going north just after Crossing Two. Tents row will end south of Crossing Three.
4. Trailers can be placed with tents this week. Please park trailers parallel to the curb.
5. You can drop your tent off from your car but please do not park your car with your tent. When done unloading drive out the direction of the one-way road to park you car in lots around the park.
6. Tents will not be allowed in any other area.
7. Tent Setup in Seattle Parks:
• Tents with blank tops can be set up for no fee (example: a blue tent)
• Tents with club logos that do not promote a commercial licensed for-profit or not-profit organization can be set up for no fee (example: Soft Like Kitten’s tent).
• Tents with logos promoting a commercial licensed for-profit or not-profit organization must pay a $50 fee for a single tent and a $200 fee for two to three tents (examples: Team Group Health’s or Team Audi’s tent). Payment for these tents will be collected by Zac Daab on site day of race.