From time to time, we decide to offer limited edition MFG Goods. For 2013, we are pleased to introduce our MFG Cyclocross Supporters Kit, proudly made by Castelli Team Division. We took inspiration from the tried-and-true construction safety vest, and literally answered the question, “What does MFG stand for?” The answer….well, we’ll let you decide. The kit design comes in Neon Black, with hints of HIGH-VIZ MFG Green #1 and MFG Green #2.
Full details on how to order are listed here.
We would love to get your timing chip back if you are done racing. Please drop off at Cascade Bicycle Studio during normal business hours or mail to Center Event, 11232 21st Ave SW, Burien, WA 98146.
MFG Sponsor: Outdoor Research
Location: Seattle, WA
Outdoor Research was established in 1981 by a Ron Gregg. You can see a video about OR here.
Why we like Outdoor Research:
When you take a glance at Outdoor Research’s Core Values, it’s clear why we like this company so much. Outdoor Research values:
1. A Culture of Respect
2. Innovation that Works
3. Improve Every Day
4. Beauty In Function
5. The Power of the Journey
Five things you should know about Outdoor Research:
- OR has a retail store on 1st Avenue South.
- You can rent snowshoes, ice axes, and other mountaineering tools at their location.
- OR offers an Infinite Guarantee on all of their products.
- The OR Transfer Hoody is the official jacket of MFG Staff.
- Looks like MFG provided some inspiration on this one.
MFG Sponsor: Castelli
Location: Portland, OR
Castelli US is a new MFG sponsor for 2013. Castelli outfitted the Elite Men and Elite Women with leader’s jerseys for the entire MFG season.
Castelli US uses the finest fabrics and technology to deliver cyclists a great fitting and performing cycling kit.
Why we like Castelli:
Castelli continually develops fabric, fit, and aesthetic throughout their entire line, year after year. Castelli garments fit great, look fantastic, and offer a custom program for teams and clubs.
Five things you should know about Castelli:
- Castelli’s custom program is called Servizio Course and offers an insane amount of options.
- Castelli makes the majority of their custom clothing in the Northwest!
- In addition to their custom line, Castelli offers stock products that look great and fit nicely.
- The Gabba jacket is one of the finest pieces for riding in the Northwest rain.
- The local rep Erik S. is a MFG racer and supporter.
Fisher Plumbing all day long at the Woodland Park GP and for the overall win. SCCA/Starbucks and Alki Rubicon take second and third for the series. Finals standing here. We look forward to seeing what Fisher Plumbing comes up with for a team themed decorated barrier for next season.
MFG Sponsor: Brouwer’s Cafe
Location: 400 North 35th Street in Fremont at Phinney Ave
Brouwer’s Cafe has been a MFG sponsor since the beginning, and has graciously hosted the MFG kick-off party and the post-Woodland Park party each year. This season Brouwer’s Cafe is the title sponsor of the Beat the Hodala Rider Competition.
Brouwer’s Cafe is rich in Belgian decor, food offerings, and of course, beer. With 300 bottles on hand, nearly 75 beers on draft, and a leather-bound scotch novel, there is a drink worth having for just about anyone at Brouwers.
What’s more, Brouwer’s is managed by none-other-than Nat P., a regular Hodala! singlespeed tough guy who regularly finds himself creepin’ in the top 10 at all CX SS races.
Why we like Brouwer’s:
Really good food, insane beer draft and bottle list, and servers who are willing to make recommendations. Oh, and clean lines changed on every keg on draft make for QUALITY you won’t find in say, Portland.
Five things you should know about Brouwer’s Cafe:
- Service staff are intelligent and will make recommendations for drinks.
- Belgian passion with Manneken Pis in the front entry!
- Multiple frite sauces options including aioli, curry ketchup, and tartar.
- Over 60 Scotches available.
- The 10-person library room on the top floor.