|July 26th, 2015
Gig Harbor, WA
Everyone in attendance in 2014 loved the inaugural MFG Nine2Five. We are proud to bring you the second annual edition of our all-day mountain bike situation. The new course for 2015 will provide plenty of up, down, and around on the 360 Trails in Gig Harbor, WA. There is a solo, 2-person, or 3-person category for nearly every rider. We are personally partial to the 3-person team experience.
Sign-up at BikeReg.com. Preregistration only closing 8:00 pm on Friday, July 24th. 250 rider limit all categories combined.
Important Note to Teams: All team members will be registered at the same time on BikeReg.com. Be sure the individual registering the team uses a unique team name and has the following information on team members:
- First & Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Emergency Contact
- Emergency Contact Phone Number
In order to expedite the Rider Check-In process please arrive with a completed waiver form. Download here.
Saturday July 25th
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Rider Check-In / Number Pick-Up at Terry’s White VW EuroVan Camper
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Saturday Night Camping Check-In at Terry’s White VW EuroVan Camper
Sunday July 26th
7:30 AM – Rider Check- In / Number Pick-Up Opens
8:45 AM – Rider Check- In / Number Pick-Up Closes
9:00 AM – Mass Start
4:59:59 PM – Last Rider out on Last Lap
5:00 PM – Finish
6:00 PM – Awards / Podium Dinner
8:52 PM – Sunset
Single Speed Men
Single Speed Women
Single Speed Men
Single Speed Women
Junior (all riders U-19)
Coed (2 women, 2 men)
Racing Ages are based on riders age on 12/31/15. Team ages are based on the total age of the team members.
Fees: $75 – Solo; $130 – 2-person; $160 – 3-person; $200- 4-person
| Course and Venue Layout | One Lap Strava Data |
- All riders and teams in the top three will receive dinner on-site following their podium presentation.
- Winning riders and teams will receive a homemade addition to their dinners that was baked and has sugar in it.
Rules and Equipment:
Races will be governed by USA Cycling rules for mountain bike racing, rider conduct, and equipment regulations. It is the rider’s responsibility to know these rules. All rules and regulations will be enforced by Low Pressure Promotions, LLC staff. Helmets are required by rules in the USA Cycling rulebook. This event is non-sanctioned.
Scoring & Rider Transition
- Numbers plates will be issued to each rider.
- Each team will be issued a timing chip that will be passed from rider to rider as a baton in the Rider Transition Zone. This chip must travel on course the entire race with the rider racing on course.
- Riders on 2-person and 3-person teams will need to sign in on the team’s Lap Sheet in the Rider Check-In Area before entering the Rider Transition Zone. Riders completing a lap and going on rest will have to sign-out on the team’s Lap Sheet in the Rider Check-In Area as they leaving the Rider Transition Zone.
- At the end of each lap riders will be required to dismount in the Rider Transition Zone, scan their team’s chip at the reader at the Finish Line and pass the chip to their next team member or carry-on for their next lap. Riders can mount bikes after leaving the Rider Transition Zone. The “team timing chip” will be read at the finish line that is within the Rider Transition Zone.
- No team will be allow onto the course for a final lap after 4:59:59 PM.
- Riders/teams who approach the finish line just before 4:59:59 that do not want to go out for a final lap will be held short of the finish line in a waiting area so they can scan their chip the final time after 5:00 pm.
On-site camping will be offered. There is a $10 fee per tent, trailer or RV. Permits can be purchased in advanced on BikeReg.com or onsite Saturday night, July 25th. All campers must check-in to receive a permit at Terry’s White VW EuroVan Camper. Please no campfires. Bring your own water.
Drive Directions and Staging:
From I-5 North or South exit to WA-16 West. Take the exit toward WA-302 W/Purdy Key Center. Continue onto Purdy Dr NW. Turn left onto WA-302 W. Parking will be on the right after about three miles. If you get to 118th street you have gone too far.
Results Posted at TurboReg.net