MFG Sponsor: Raleigh Bicycles
Location: Kent, WA
We’d like to think that our partnership with Raleigh Bicycles is exactly that: a partnership. When MFG Cyclocross came onto the Seattle scene in 2009, Raleigh was definitely offering cyclocross bicycles, but perhaps in a different way than what the brand looks like today. Our friend and Raleigh Product Development Guy Brian “Sally” Fornes has transformed the Raleigh brand to a legitimate, internationally-recognized cyclocross powerhouse. Over the last seven years, Raleigh has graciously supported MFG Cyclocross as Title Sponsor, and together we’ve collaborated on creating a venue (MFG) and a product (Raleigh) to grow the sport and the industry of cyclocross.
In seven years, Raleigh has transitioned from being a company offering an aluminum cross bike that was meant for racing, but also as a utility bike, to a company that supports cyclocross on nearly every level, all around the globe. It’s safe to say that Raleigh is the modern day BOSS OF CROSS.
MFG would like say a sincere thanks to Brian and Raleigh Bicycles for supporting our series once again.
Today, Raleigh can boast the following cyclocross accolades:
- Raleigh has been the Title Sponsor to MFG Cyclocross for the 7th year in a row. To our knowledge MFG Cyclocross is the 2nd largest cyclocross series in the world, based on average participation.
- Raleigh hosted the first-of-kind Midsummer Night’s Cyclocross in 2011 where the outcome of a single race lead to three professional contracts. They again accomplished this feat in 2012 & 2103.
- In the spring of 2012, Raleigh sponsored the first-ever cyclocross race at Sea Otter, the internationally-recognized, week-long bicycle racing festival.
- Since 2012, Raleigh Bicycles has partnered with Clement to present the professional team Raleigh/Clement, featuring an international roster of riders including Jamey Driscoll and France’s Caroline Mani.
- For 2016, Raleigh offers SEVEN cyclocross models in it’s line-up including women specific models.
Why we like Raleigh:
Raleigh is the perfect blend of fun, function, and fast. The Raleigh brand, models, and support for cyclocross is five parts fun, three parts fast, and four parts function. Between the professional race team, the utilitarian , and the sponsorship of multiple cyclocross races, teams, and events, Raleigh is the real cyclocross deal.
Five things you should know about Raleigh:
1. Raleigh sponsors the Raleigh/Clement professional cyclocross team.
2. Raleigh’s cross line-up for 2016 features seven ‘cross options!
3. Raleigh’s underground cyclocross singlespeed team in Seattle is HODALA!
4. Raleigh/Clement recently won both days at CXLA this season.
5. Raleigh USA headquarters are in Kent, WA.