Series Pass Registration
Price is six races for the price of five.
Adults: $150.00 + Webscorer Service Fee
Juniors: $75.00 + Webscorer Service Fee
1-Lap Juniors: $50 + Webscorer Service Fee
2nd Category: $75 + Webscorer Service Fee – After registering for your first category please email organizer for discount code for 2nd Category registration.
Pre-registration for the entire series is now available at Webscorer.com
Single Race // Early Registration (11:59pm Sat evening before race)
Adults: $30.00 + Webscorer Service Fee
Juniors: $15.00 + Webscorer Service Fee
1-Lap Juniors: $10 + Webscorer Service Fee
Second Race Entered: At venue only if discount desired
Single Race //Day-of Registration
Adults: $35 + Credit Card Processing Fees for non-cash/check transactions
Juniors: $20 + Credit Card Processing Fees for non-cash/check transactions
1-Lap Juniors: $10 + Credit Card Processing Fees for non-cash/check transactions
Second Race Entered: $20 CASH/CHECK ONLY
Little Kids Race*: Free!
* Little Kids Race will be started in waves of Push, Coaster Brake and Hand Brake bikes. Course will be a separate, kid-specific course. Race is free of charge, but wavier must be signed at registration.
Please read thoroughly and carefully
- Day of race registration, rider category changes, and bib/chip verification must occur 30 minutes before start of each category race
- Race will close 30 minutes prior to each start time and all above tasks must be completed to be entered into a race
- Only one waiver is required for the entire MFG season – you do not need to fill out a new one at each MFG Series race
- To ensure the most accurate results, no rider will be allowed to register once registration is closed
- USA Cycling racing licenses are not required
- Read here about Race Day Rider Check-In
ON-SITE REGISTRATION IS CASH, CHECK, or Visa/MasterCard
Categories are self-seeding. Sandbagging will not be tolerated. Riders are encouraged to chose the category that provides them the maximum challenge while allowing for them to be competitive.
- Elite – Formally know as Cat 1/2. Regional & National Level riders.
- Cat 3 – Intermediate
- Cat 4 – CX beginner with experience in other cycling disciplines
- Beginner – Someone with little or no racing experience in any cycling discipline.
- It is suggested that any rider who finished in the top-5 of any Beginner race in 2018 ride in a Cat 4 category (Masters is ok) in 2019.
Masters – Age graded 35 and over (born 1985 or earlier). Combine your ability/experience with your age to chose a category i.e. over 45 beginner = Cat 4 Master 45+. For the 2019/2020 cyclocross season Master ages will be broken down by the following birth years: 1985 or earlier (35+), 1975 or earlier (45+), 1970 or earlier (50+), 1965 or earlier (55+) and 1960 or earlier (60+). Master Elite is open to any rider born 1985 or earlier.
Clydesdale – 200 lb plus riders. Your home scale weight in your skivvies.
Juniors – Will race grade level. Juniors will grouped as follows: High School, Middle School and Third-Fifth Grade for the 30 minute Junior Race. First and Second Grade will ride a one lap race on the race main course if their parents feel they have out grown the Little Kids Race. Races will be scored separately for Boys and Girls.
In order to be accurately scored, bib numbers and timing chips must be worn properly – timing chips on helmet and bib number on the correct side for the day (left or right) and clearly visible to the judges at the finish line.
It is your responsibility to display your bib number properly as you may not be scored if we cannot read your bib number or timing chip.
- If you have more than one series bib number because of losing one or racing multiple categories, it is your responsibility to wear the one that you checked in with at registration
- If you are racing two different races within our series, you will be issued two bib numbers and two chip numbers. IT IS REQUIRED that you wear the correct bib and chip number. Our scoring system will not recognize your chip or bib from your other category.
- Please ensure that ponytails, hydration packs, etc. do not cover your bib number
- When crossing the finish line please do not sit-up or raise your hands to otherwise prevent us from reading your bib number
- If for any reason we cannot determine who you are by your bib number you will not be placed in the race
You will not be scored if…
- Your timing chip is poorly placed and can’t be read – mount it on your helmet (examples at registration)
- You do not wear a MFG bib number AND timing chip
- You wore your “other category” chip and/or bib number
- You wear a bib number from a different race series
- We can’t read your bib # because it’s upside down, on the wrong side, poorly placed, etc
Overall Series Standings
- Overall series standing will be scored for all categories except Beginners
- All 6 races in the MFG series count toward the overall series standings
- The final race of the year is scored for single points in the same way as all other races
- Every race counts – no placings are dropped
- If you upgrade to another category in the middle of the season, points are not carried over
1st through 20th places receive points as follows:
Ties will be broken by greatest number of wins, or, if still tied, by the placing in the final race.
Results Review Protocol
Results will be posted after each race, on-site, approximately 30 minutes after your race finishes and on Webscorer.com. If you believe your result is incorrect, please do ONE of the following
- Go to our Customer Service tent at registration at the venue. Fill out a Results Review Form by 4:30 pm of race day
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday at Noon PST and include your Name, Chip Number, Bib Number, Racing Category, and a brief explanation of your result.
We will review your result inquiry if one of these two steps are followed.
Races will be governed by USA Cycling rules for cyclocross, rider conduct, and equipment regulations. It is the rider’s responsibility to know these rules. All rules and regulations will be enforced by MFG Cyclocross staff. Helmets are required by rules in the USA Cycling rulebook.
- Mountain bikes are allowed.
- Forward facing bar ends are not allowed on any bikes.
- Singlespeed categories can be raced with zip ties on shifters (to prevent shifting).
- Feeding is allowed.
- Rule 1J5, regarding cycling jerseys, will not be used.
Full Speed Ahead provides neutral support at each race. FSA’s neutral support program will offer free service, pit work, wheels, parts and general help. This includes race day emergency repairs and neutral wheels in the pits. Look for the FSA Sprinter Van and tent near the pits.
Start Order Procedure
The top sixteen riders in the series standings will be placed in the front two rows. From the 3rd row on, riders will be staged randomly. This order will be mixed up from race to race.
Race Day Prize
In 2019 we will be doing prizes, awards and podium presentations for each and every category at all six races. Podium presentations will be done at Customer Service based on this schedule:
- 9:30 AM & 10:20 AM Races – 11:30 AM Podium Presentation
- 11:10 AM & 12:00 PM Races – 1:30 PM Podium Presentation
- 2:10 PM Races – 3:30 PM Podium Presentation
- 2:50 PM Races – 4:00 PM Podium Presentations
Elite Men and Women’s Payout
The payout for Men and Women is equal and as follows:
- Elite Men and Women, 1st Place: $80
- Elite Men and Women, 2nd Place: $60
- Elite Men and Women, 3rd Place: $40
MFG Cyclocross Overall Series Prizes
Senior and Master Riders (Cat 1,2,3,4, Singlespeed, Clydesdale and all Master’s category for men and women) – Prizes will be awarded at the series-end party for all above-mentioned categories for at least the series winner, and potentially for 2nd overall as well. Prizes will be allocated at the end of year party to winners in a creative manner, most likely based on a final game of skill, luck and fun.
Junior Riders – Series winners will be crowned at the Woodland Park GP with a Series Winner prize in each junior category. Additionally, prizes will be allocated to the 1st and 2nd place riders in each junior category.
Beginner – We do not calculate series prizes for the Beginner Riders.