Series Pass Registration
Adults: $137.50 + Webscorer Service Fee
Juniors: $87.50 + Webscorer Service Fee
2nd Category: $75 + Webscorer Service Fee
Pre-registration for the entire series is available at Webscorer.com through September 8th, 2016 at 11:59 pm.
Single Race // Early Registration (11:59pm Sat evening before race)
Adults: $27.50 + Webscorer Service Fee
Juniors: $17.50 + Webscorer Service Fee
Second Race Entered: At venue only if discount desired
Single Race // Day-of Registration
Adults: $35 + Credit Card Processing Fees for non-cash/check transactions
Juniors: $20 + Credit Card Processing Fees for non-cash/check transactions
Second Race Entered: $20 CASH/CHECK ONLY
Little Kids Race*: Free!
* Little Kids Race will be started in waves of Push, Coaster Brake and Hand Brake bikes. Course will be a separate, kid-specific course. Race is free of charge, but wavier must be signed at registration.
Please read thoroughly and carefully
- You must register with the same unique name for each race in the series. If you race more than one category at a race you must have a unique name in each category (Terry Buchanan, Cat 3 Men 45+ and Buck Buchanan, SS Men).
- Day of race registration, rider category changes, and bib/chip verification must occur 30 minutes before start of each category race
- Race will close 30 minutes prior to each start time and all above tasks must be completed to be entered into a race
- Only one waiver is required for the entire MFG season – you do not need to fill out a new one at each MFG Series race
- To ensure the most accurate results, no rider will be allowed to register once registration is closed
- USA Cycling racing licenses are not required
ON-SITE REGISTRATION IS CASH, CHECK, or Visa/MasterCard
2016 Cyclocross Race Timing Chip Policy
For the 2016 cyclocross racing season, both MFG Cyclocross and Cross Revolution will be using the Dual Tag timing chip. This chip has been invented and manufactured by our finish line production partner Dave Wamsley of Center Event.
In past seasons, timing chips have been purchased, built, and provided to racers at no charge. For the 2016 season, all chips will be distributed for $5 and are guaranteed to work for 1 season. In future seasons, chips must be tested at the first race and if they don’t work, a new chip must be purchased.
Please note, this is not a rental charge. The chip is yours to keep. This cost is a direct pass through cost to Center Event for materials and labor.
If you currently have timing chips, they cannot be used for the 2016 season and need to be returned for re-formatting. You can send old chips back to Center Event here:
11232 21st Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98146
Chips can be purchased at the first race of the season.
Categories are self-seeding. Sandbagging will not be tolerated. Riders are encouraged to chose the category that provides them the maximum challenge while allowing for them to be competitive.
- Cat 1 – National Level
- Cat 2 – Advanced
- Cat 3 – Intermediate
- Cat 4 – CX beginner with experience in other cycling disciplines
- Beginner – Someone with little or no racing experience in any cycling discipline.
- It is suggested that any rider who finished in the top-5 of any Beginner race in 2014 is asked to ride a Cat 4 category (Masters is ok) in 2015.
Masters – Age graded 35 and over (born 1982 or earlier). Combine your ability/experience with your age to chose a category i.e. over 45 beginner = Cat 4 Master 45+. For the 2015/2016 cyclocross season Master ages will be broken down by the following birth years: 1982 or earlier (35+), 1972 or earlier (45+), 1962 or earlier (55+) and 1957 or earlier (60+).
Clydesdale – 200 lb plus riders. Your home scale weight in your skivvies.
Juniors – Will race by year born. Juniors will grouped as follows: Birth years 2001 & 2002; birth years 2003 & 2004; birth years 2005 – 2007: birth years 2008 & 2009.
In order to be accurately scored, bib numbers and timing chips must be worn properly – timing chips on helmet and bib number on the correct side for the day (left or right) and clearly visible to the judges at the finish line.
It is your responsibility to display your bib number properly as you may not be scored if we cannot read your bib number or timing chip.
- If you have more than one series bib number because of losing one or racing multiple categories, it is your responsibility to wear the one that you checked in with at registration
- If you are racing two different races within our series, you will be issued two bib numbers and two chip numbers. IT IS REQUIRED that you wear the correct bib and chip number. Our scoring system will not recognize your chip or bib from your other category.
- Please ensure that ponytails, hydration packs, etc. do not cover your bib number
- When crossing the finish line please do not sit-up or raise your hands to otherwise prevent us from reading your bib number
- If for any reason we cannot determine who you are by your bib number you will not be placed in the race
You will not be scored if…
- Your timing chip is poorly placed and can’t be read – mount it on your helmet (examples at registration)
- You do not wear a MFG bib number AND timing chip
- You wore your “other category” chip and/or bib number
- You wear a bib number from a different race series
- We can’t read your bib # because it’s upside down, on the wrong side, poorly placed, etc
Overall Series Standings
- Overall series standing will be scored for all categories except Beginners
- All 6 races in the MFG series count toward the overall series standings
- The final race of the year is scored for single points in the same way as all other races
- Every race counts – no placings are dropped
- If you upgrade to another category in the middle of the season, points are not carried over
1st through 20th places receive points as follows:
Ties will be broken by greatest number of wins, or, if still tied, by the placing in the final race.
Results Review Protocol
Results will be posted after each race, on-site, approximately 30 minutes after your race finishes and on Webscorer.com. If you believe your result is incorrect, please do ONE of the following
- Go to our Customer Service tent at registration at the venue. Fill out a Results Review Form by 4:30 pm of race day
- Send an email to email@example.com by Monday at Noon PST and include your Name, Chip Number, Bib Number, Racing Category, and a brief explanation of your result.
We will review your result inquiry if one of these two steps are followed.
Races will be governed by USA Cycling rules for cyclocross, rider conduct, and equipment regulations. It is the rider’s responsibility to know these rules. All rules and regulations will be enforced by MFG Cyclocross staff. Helmets are required by rules in the USA Cycling rulebook.
- Mountain bikes are allowed.
- Forward facing bar ends are not allowed on any bikes.
- Singlespeed categories can be raced with zip ties on shifters (to prevent shifting).
- Feeding is allowed.
- Rule 1J5, regarding cycling jerseys, will not be used.
Full Speed Ahead provides neutral support at each race. FSA’s neutral support program will offer free service, pit work, wheels, parts and general help. This includes race day emergency repairs and neutral wheels in the pits. Look for the FSA Sprinter Van and tent near the pits.
Start Order Procedure
The top sixteen riders in the series standings will be placed in the front two rows. From the 3rd row on, riders will be staged randomly. This order will be mixed up from race to race.
We will be rolling out the red carpet for one start time per week for all categories in that start time. We are dubbing this as “The Treatment”. The Treatment will include excellent prizes and podium presentations for the top-3 finishers as well as random and not so random chances to win six packs from Deschutes Brewery and ice cream coupons from Snoqualmie Ice Cream. We will also attempt a fanfare filled presentation of the top-16 riders on series points in each category (riders be to call-ups on time!). All Podium Presentations will be done at the “MFG Truck” at the finish line.
The Treatment Schedule
9/11 – 2:45 PM Races
9/25 – 9:30 AM Races
10/2 – 11:10 AM Races
10/16 – 1:15 PM Races
10/30 – 1:55 PM Races
11/13 – 10:20 AM & 12:05 PM Races
Elite Men and Women’s Payout
The payout for Men and Women is equal and as follows:
- Elite Men and Women, 1st Place: $80
- Elite Men and Women, 2nd Place: $60
- Elite Men and Women, 3rd Place: $40
Brouwers Hot Lap
The Brouwers Hot Lap competition is scored on the second lap for two categories at each race. The fastest second lap or “hot lap” will be awarded a Brouwers Cafe Gift Card. Categories competing each week will be announced the week of the race and at the start line of that race. Winners should stop by Customer Service to pick up their Brouwers Gift Card.
MFG Cyclocross Overall Series Prizes
Senior and Master Riders (Cat 1,2,3,4, Singlespeed, Clydesdale and all Master’s category for men and women) – Prizes will be awarded at the series-end party for all above-mentioned categories for at least the series winner, and potentially for 2nd overall as well. Prizes will be allocated at the end of year party to winners in a creative manner, most likely based on a final game of skill, luck and fun.
Junior Riders (All age categories for boys and girls including the youngest 2008/2009 category previously know as Pre-Junior) – Series winners will be crowned at the Woodland Park GP with a Series Winner jersey in each junior category. Additionally, free pint coupons from Snoqualmie Ice Cream will be allocated to the 1st and 2nd place riders in each junior category.
Beginner – We do not calculate series prizes for the Beginner Riders.
Teams can compete for the Team Series Championship by earning points at all six MFG races for 2016. Participating teams will accumulate points at each race based on their performance at each of the race events. Team rankings will be determined by the points earned by up to five riders at each race.
New this year is the People’s Choice bonus score. A bonus score will be earned by submitting a themed picture to Instagram after each event. The picture theme will be announced on Instagram and Facebook prior to the race so that teams can make special preparations. The bonus score will be awarded by multiplying 8 times the number of “hearts” earned by the team on Instagram for their photo submission from any of their members between the date of the race and the following Friday. Pictures must include a comment by the person posting that includes the Team/Club Name, hashtag #mfgcross and mention @mfgcross.
- For each team, points are earned its riders on that race day. The riders earning points do not need to be the same at each race.
- The individual points earned by each of the five qualifying riders on each team will be totaled and the teams will ranked for that day’s race based on these points.
- Teams with less than five rider earning placings are still eligible to participate.
- Bonus score can be earned by submitting the race themed photograph to Instagram per the details listed above. Eight times the hearts earned by the following Friday will determine the bonus score for each team.
- Teams will be awards points based on their team ranking for that day’s race in reverse order of their placing. For example if 19 teams submit team scores the winning team will receive 19 points for winning that day’s race team competition. The 19th ranked team will receive 1 point. The more teams that submit team scores for that day’s race, the more points for the win.
- The team with the highest total score at the end of the series is the winner.
- A tie for first place will be broken based on the best point total at the last race in the series.
9/11 – Team Photo
9/25 – Team Camp Setup
10/2 – Selfie with Robert Trombley
10/16 – Team Pyramid
10/30 – This Isn’t Junk
11/13 – Selfie with Brian Worthy or Supporter Sign or Selfie with Brian Worthy with Supporter Sign
*Warning – Themes may change a week before a race.
Team competition leaders will be announced prior to each of the individual race dates. The Team Series Champion will be announced at the post-season party where they can gloat in the joy of pure campionissimo.
Team Result Submission
To participate, each team must submit a list of up to five of their best scoring riders to firstname.lastname@example.org. Team submittals must be received by 5:00PM on the Friday following the previously completed race in the series to be counted. We prefer you use the submittal template provided here:
An example of the team submittal email would look like this:
Rider 1: Trey Anastasio, Singlespeed Men, 14th place
Rider 2: Mark Longman, Cat 4 Men, 8th place
Rider 3: Haruki Murakami, Cat 1/2 55+ Men, 2nd place
Rider 4: M.I.A, Singlespeed Women, 1st place
Rider 5: Russell Wilson, 10-12 grade Boys, 2nd place
The Kona Bicycle Company will be at all 6 MFG races for 2016/2017 race season. Kona is offering a full size run of Private Jakes to demo between each race, on course.