We have crunched the numbers and this spreadsheet shows in Column I who has a mathematical chance to win overall titles for each category in the MFG Cyclocross Series. For some it may be a long shot but they are still in it. It may take any number of their competitors to be derailed by:
- a flat tire,
- a rolled tubular,
- a bout of the flu,
- clasping to the pressure of being a leader,
- riding off the course to protest heckling,
- a bunny rabbit in the front wheel,
- leaving the race to help the Connolly kids pass out their “hand-up” cheers,
- a late series noble upgrade to the next category,
but anything can happen! At stake for the top two finishers in each category is a trip to Prize Table at the MFG Series End Party on Thursday 11/21. There will be some fun battles at Woodland Park on 11/10 for overall titles:
- Toby Swanson and Steve Fisher are separated by one point in the Cat 1/2 Men.
- In the Cat 1/2 Women Kristen Kelsey will need a strong ride to hold off Andi Zolton for the title.
- The Cat 3 45+ Men has eight riders all with a mathematical chance to win the overall.
- The Junior Boys in the 1997/1998 and 1999/2000 categories have serious battles for the wins with gaps as low a two points. The same is true of the Junior Girls 2002-2004.
- The 9:30 am race between Don Wright and Bruce Johnson will be a great race to watch. Whoever wins this Master Men 55+ race wins the series.
Congratulations to the following riders who have clinched overall titles:
- JEFF LYNCH – Clydesdales
- JOHN WHITENACK – Cat. 3 Master Men 35+
- JOSH MCBEE – Cat. 4 Men
- HAYDEN GIZINSKI – Jr. Girls 2000-2001
We will have a series “trophy/award” for all series winners at the MFG Series End Party. Prizes will be allocated at the end of year party to winners in a creative manner, most likely based on a final game of skill, luck, and fun.
Junior Riders (All ages categories for boys and girls): Series winners will be crowned at the series-end party and awarded with a Series Winner custom thermos for any junior category, no matter the amount of racers in the class. Additionally, gift cards to Molly Moons Ice Cream will be allocated to the 1st and 2nd place riders in the series in any junior category, no matter the amount of racers in the class. Juniors will not be competing for prizes at the prize table at the series-end party.