News Archive: October, 2013
MFG Sponsor: Lazer Optics
What Lazer Optics does:
Lazer Optics is the newest line of the Lazer Sport family. The optic line includes six profiles for maximum fit, function, and style. Magneto technology allows for the Magneto product to integrate via magnet directly to a Lazer Helmet.
Why we like Lazer Optics:
Lazer Optics, like their helmet line, clearly focuses on fit of the product first and foremost. Additionally the intelligent design utilizing magnets to mate eyewear with helmet is genius!
Five things you should know about Lazer Optics:
- The six models available from Lazer Optics include: Magneto, Solid State, Argon, Electron, Xenon, and Quantum.
- The Electron EC1 comes in a very fresh Gloss Green colorway.
- Ultragrip nosepieces and temples keep the eyewear in place no matter what conditions Mother Nature stirs up.
- The Argon is one of the wider profiles in the line, and sits approximately 144mm wide.
- The Quantum is Lazer Optic’s street wear glass.
MFG Sponsor: Deschutes
What Deschutes does:
Deschutes Brewery, located in Central Oregon along the banks of the wild and scenic Deschutes River, has brewed a family of handcrafted ales since 1988. Starting out as a small brewpub in the heart of downtown Bend, Deschutes’ first beers were Black Butte Porter, Bachelor Bitter and Cascade Golden Ale.
Now Deschutes offers six year-round offerings:
- Black Butte Porter
- Mirror Pond Pale Ale
- Inversion IPA
- Obsidian Stout
- Green Lakes Organic Ale
- Chainbreaker White IPA
Why we like Deschutes:
Firs off their amazing support of the Beer Garden at StarCrossed last week. Deschutes provides the support from top to bottom: cups, beer, serving equipment and technical staff.
When you visit Bend, OR., it seems super likely that you’d stop by the brew pub to have a meal and a drink. If you stop by for the Cross Crusade finals in Bend in December, be sure to sample the Ultimate Pub Fries and the House-Baked Pretzel to get things started. The atmosphere is uniquely Bend at the Public House: laid back, friendly, with most patrons having a lower heart than yours.
Deschutes has been extremely generous to MFG and to StarCrossed, and to cyclocross in general. Even after being a major sponsor and host to a national caliber event like CX Nats in 2009 and in 2010, Deschutes still dedicates time, effort, and money to other cyclocross events on the national, regional and local level.
Deschutes clearly loves cyclocross and has been so supportive of MFG.
GP Robert Trombley
Hot Spot #1 – Dan Hoeppner
Hot Spot #2 – Toby Swanson
Magnuson Park Cross
Hot Spot #1 – Bad Data – No Winner
Hot Spot #2 – Todd Davis
Fellas stop by Customer Service to pick up your Garmin prizes. Thanks.
We look forward to seeing you at SCCA/Starbucks GP MFG #5 at Marymoor Park. Here are a few notes to make your day excellent. A course map can be viewed here:
- If you are a Season Pass Holder or if you have Pre-Registered, you do not need to check in. Please wear your bib and chip and head to the start. If you need to change categories, or you need a new chip/bib, please visit registration.
- You can check real-time scoring of the event on your smart phone at Turboreg.net. Please note these are only PRELIMINARY results, and won’t be corrected on this site. It’s simply a means to see how results are flowing that day.
- Garmin Hot Spot Challenge continues this week with two Hot Spots sections: 1) All of the infield 2) 2nd passage of the pit to the top of the gravel road on the east side of the course
- Beat the Hodala challenge continues with the rider to beat being Kelsey Wood in the Clydesdale race. All riders who beat Kelsey will be registered to win a gift certificate to Brouwers Café.
- Lost and Found items can be located at Customer Service
- The Here and There Grill, Motofish Espresso, and Yeah Cookie will all be on-site at the race on Sunday.
- Team Competition continues this week with a fierce battle between Fischer Plumbing and SCCA/Starbucks. If you’d like to submit your team results, please see MFGcyclocross.com for submission guidelines.
- A big thanks to SCCA/Starbucks Cycling Team for all the volunteer help at Sunday’s race.
- Beer Winners for this week can pick up their beer at Customer Service:
Details for Team Tents is as follows
1. Team tents will be placed on the paved activity pad west of the velodrome. http://www.mfgcyclocross.com/series-information/scca-starbucks-gran-prix/
2. First row of tents will be placed on the 5 feet off eastern edge of the pad running north to south. No vehicles or trailers in this row.
3. Second row of tents will be 10 feet offset behind the first row. Row 1 then a 10 foot walkway then Row 2. Teams may place a trailer or vehicle inline with their tent in Row 2.
4. Please be loaded in by 8:30 am. If you have a vehicle or trailer please get there early.
5. Place tents tight pole to pole within teams and team-to-team
6. And remember if your tent is outside the Team Area, Zac will take it down “east coast style”.