MFG Sponsor: Raleigh Bicycles
Location: Kent, WA
We’d like to think that our partnership with Raleigh Bicycles is exactly that: a partnership. When MFG Cyclocross came onto the Seattle scene in 2009, Raleigh was definitely offering cyclocross bicycles, but perhaps in a different way than what the brand looks like today in 2013. Our friend and Raleigh Marketing Guy Brian “Sally” Fornes has transformed the Raleigh brand to a legitimate, internationally-recognized cyclocross powerhouse. Over the last five years, Raleigh has graciously supported MFG Cyclocross as Title Sponsor, and together we’ve collaborated on creating a venue (MFG) and a product (Raleigh) to grow the sport and the industry of cyclocross.
In five short years, Raleigh has transitioned from being a company offering an aluminum cross bike that was meant for racing, but also as a utility bike, to a company that supports cyclocross on nearly every level, all around the globe. It’s safe to say that Raleigh is the modern day BOSS OF CROSS.
MFG would like say a sincere thanks to Brian and Raleigh Bicycles for supporting our series once again.
Today, Raleigh can boast the following cyclocross accolades:
- Raleigh has been the Title Sponsor to MFG Cyclocross for the 5th year in a row. To our knowledge MFG Cyclocross is the 2nd largest cyclocross series in the world, based on average participation in 2012.
- Raleigh hosted the first-of-kind Midsummer Night’s Cyclocross in 2011 where the outcome of a single race lead to three professional contracts. They again accomplished this feat in 2012 & 2103.
- In the spring of 2012, Raleigh sponsored the first-ever cyclocross race at Sea Otter, the internationally-recognized, week-long bicycle racing festival.
- For 2013 Raleigh Bicycles continues partnered with Clement to present the professional team Raleigh/Clement, featuring an international roster of riders including Belgium’s Ben Berden, France’s Caroline Mani, and Seattle’s very own Craig Etheridge.
- For 2013, Raleigh offers EIGHT cyclocross models in it’s line-up including women specific models.
Why we like Raleigh:
Raleigh is the perfect blend of fun, function, and fast. The Raleigh brand, models, and support for cyclocross is five parts fun, three parts fast, and four parts function. Between the professional race team, the utilitarian Roper urban CX bike, and the sponsorship of multiple cyclocross races, teams, and events, Raleigh is the real cyclocross deal.
Five things you should know about Raleigh:
1. Raleigh sponsors the Raleigh/Clement professional cyclocross team.
2. Raleigh’s cross line-up for 2013 features eight ‘cross options!
3. Raleigh’s underground cyclocross singlespeed team in Seattle is HODALA!
4. Raleigh/Clement team riders get up fast when they hit the deck!
5. Raleigh USA headquarters are in Kent, WA.