News Archive: September, 2013
We are currently working on a change of plans for our upcoming race on October 6th. It is unfortunate but the course at Bellingham BMX will not be able to accommodate a double race weekend due to the heavy rains over the past week and ongoing into this week. The track that has been cut is currently not “seasoned” enough to take the rain and over 1500 racers in two day. We hope for the best success of this venue into the future and a double weekend would not be prudent at this time in the development of the course. Cascade Cross will still be holding their race at the venue on Saturday, October 5th.
We will announce plans for MFG Cyclocross #3 by 7:00 pm on Tuesday, October 1st. Thank you for your patience and tremendous support our the series.
Results are now posted for the Lake Sammamish GP. All requests for a review of a result must be submitted by 10/1/13 at Noon following this Protocol. Thanks for coming out yesterday. Record turn-out for the Lake Sammamish venue.
MFG Sponsor: Garmin
What Garmin does:
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation, Garmin manufactures superior products for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets that are an essential part of our customers’ lives. For 2013 Garmin has released exciting new product additions to their cycling line-up including the Edge 510 and 810 cycling computers, the Vector pedal-based power system, and the Virb HD camera.
Why we like Garmin:
We love GPS based cycling computers. They are simple to use and the Garmin products have superior durability. With Garmin’s cycling products “miles ridden” is not just a number on a LED screen but a compete adventure that can be reviewed over detailed satellite images and parsed down to the tens of meters to compare yourself to friends and rivals.
Five things you should know about Garmin:
- Garmin is the sponsor of our new Hot Spot Challenge.
- Garmin’s Edge 500 is a favorite among the MFG staff.
- Garmin allows device users to track and log all their activities on Garmin Connect.
- Garmin offers eight cycling specific GPS units.
- Garmin will have demo units on site at MFG Cyclocross races this fall. Visit them in the Expo Area.
We look forward to seeing all of you this Sunday at Lake Sammamish State Park. Here are a few reminders heading into the weekend:
1. Parking at all State Parks, including Lake Sammamish is $10/day. If you have an annual Discovery Pass, please bring it with you and you will park for free. You can also buy an annual pass at the gate.
2. Motofish Espresso, Yeah Cookie, and The Here and There Grill will all be onsite, all day.
3. VERY IMPORTANT: Pre-reg and Season Passholders: YOU DO NOT NEED TO COME TO REGISTRATION IF YOU HAVE A CHIP AND A BIB NUMBER, simply show up at the start.
4. If this is your first MFG race of the year, or you need a chip/bib, please come to registration.
5. If you were issued a SCX chip, you can use that at the race on Sunday, (both series are sharing the same chip) but will still need a MFG BIB number.
6. If you are doing two races during the day, you only need ONE bib and ONE chip for the entire series.
7. Beer winners for the week can pick up their bounty at Customer Service. Winners this week are:
8. This week tent set up is pretty straight forward. Tents will be placed in the grass parking strip along the East side of the finish stretch.
*Please start at the North (the end away from the Finish Line) and work South (moving towards the finish line).
*At StarCrossed we had some tent damaged when riders went off the course. Let’s hold the tents back five feet from the edge of the pavement this week.
*We are also going to follow the Fire Marshall’s instructions from StarCrossed the rest of the season and put a 10′ fire break in after every seven tents. If you count six tents and you have more then one put the break in there.
*If we run out of room along the finish stretch please start a second row behind to the East again moving from the North to the South.
*Please load in by 8:30 am.
9. The Garmin Hot Spot Competition is posted on the course map on mfgcyclocross.com. (Start to Pits; Beach Segment)
10. Beat the Hodala Rider this week is Nat Pellman in the Cat 3, 35+ race. All riders who beat Nat will be entered into a drawing to Brouwers Cafe.
11. If you’d like to participate in the Team Competition, please nominate a team member to submit your results per Team Comp guidelines on mfgcyclocross.com.
See you Sunday!
Zac, Terry, Ken, Rich
Raleigh, the title sponsor, of the MFG series has generously offered up a fleet of the latest and greatest cyclocross bikes to test out in real-world conditions. Recycled Cycles Racing will be hosting the Raleigh demo bikes at this weekend’s MFG Lake Sammamish GP as well as every other MFG race this season.
Stop by the Recycled Cycles Racing tent located in the Team Tent Area to check out the latest from Raleigh and sign up for a demo.
How it works:
- Sign up is day of only, no advanced registration at this time.
- The process will be managed like the ski/snowboard demo tent at Whistler–show up, select what’s available, swap pedals, ride!
- We’ll have a list going for time slots, but we can’t guarantee that you’ll get a bike, so please bring something to race with in case the bikes are all booked. We won’t be responsible for you missing your race.
- Demos will be limited to the duration of your race and there may be a hot handoff between you and the previous demo. Please respect your fellow racers who want to demo bikes.
- You need to leave valid photo ID in order to demo a bike, no exceptions.