Heats are set for the Eliminator Shootout. The last 8 spots will be selected randomly from a hat on race day from folks that sign up day-of. No entry fee paid for last 8 spots. Last eight selected will be announced before the Single Speed race at 5:30 pm. Heats are posted here.
We are playing with final course design for the Eliminator Shootout. Couple of ideas we are playing with:
Eliminator Shootout Format:
- Geared or Single Speed cyclocross bikes
- Field limit of 48 riders; all skill levels and genders combined
- 40 slots will be available for preregistration. The last 8 spots will be selected randomly from a hat on race day. No entry fee paid for last 8 spots.
- Heats will be on a modified short-course on the velodrome infield.
- Riders will be randomly placed in 6 groups of 8 riders for Qualifying heats; the top-4 advance from each heat (24 advance)
- Four Semi-final rounds of 6 riders; race will with the top-2 advancing from each heat (8 advance)
- Final round of 8 riders will race for the win.