News Archive: October, 2012
Thursday, November 15th, 2012
7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Hale’s Ales Palladium
4301 Leary Way NW
Directions and Map provided here. The Palladium is entered at the back of the building.
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, November 15th from 7 pm-10 pm for the MFG Season End Awards Party. Celebrate the season and champs with us. We will be awarding 1st AND 2nd place series for most categories at the party. For our series winners, we will be cueing up the “Prize Table Line” based on some skill, some luck, and a little talent on Thursday night.
What’s at the famed Prize Table?
* Raleigh RX 2.0
*Mad Fiber Carbon Wheelset
*Mavic Ksyrium SL Tubular Wheelset
*Rapha Gift Certificates
*Beyond Clothing Gift Certificates
*Cycling House Stay
*Crank Brothers Pedals
*FSA Compact Handlebars
*Custom MFG Series Winner Stanley 100 Year Anniversary Thermos
Highlights of the night include:
* Free drink coupon for first 100 guests
* Honoring MFG Series Winners in select categories
* Awarding of the “Andy Salmon Trophy of Courage”
* Fabulous visual review of series
* All ages welcome at this event
* Dinner will be available for purchase, directly from Hales.
Results for the SCCA/Starbucks GP are now posted as of Saturday night at 10 PM. The protest period will be open until Sunday night at 10 PM. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the results.
Season Pass Holders and Preregistered Riders that have a MFG Race Numbers and RFID Chips will not have to check in this week. If you are missing either of these items please check in at registration.
If you are making a Category Change please check in and registration.
Numbers on the Left.
Day of race registration will be available. Riders must register 25 minutes before start of their category.
Tents this week will be placed in the same place as StarCrossed. Please keep them tight, together and in orderly rows. King County Parks is very picky about tents. Keep them in this area or risk (say it with me!) having them taken down “East Coast Style”. Please be set up by 8:30.
Course map is here.
Expo Area & Food
Demo BikesFocus Bicycles and Cascade Bicycle Studio will be offering free demo bikes to race on this week. First come, first served.
- Here and There Grill will be on site as always. Here is the Menu for this week.
- Yeah! Cookie will be serving up sweets.
- Tim will serving up coffee again this week from his cart.
- Rapha Mobile Cycle Club will be rolling in to show off their winter performance clothing line.
- Mad Fiber will be offering demo wheels for test.
- Net-Profits from this race will be donated to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Visit them in the Expo Area if you would like to donate to them directly.
Random Beer Winners:
See you tomorrow. Thanks.
Results for Magnuson Park Cross were posted on Monday at 8:30 am. We will allow for protests until Tuesday at 8:30 am. Please note: If you’ve already sent us an email, there is no need to send another email. Results inquires should be made to email@example.com and should have the following in the subject:
CATEGORY, BIB #, LAST NAME, FIRST NAME
Body of the email can explain the inquiry.
Thanks a ton!
We are excited for the Second Annual Magnuson Park Cross. Big thanks to Seattle Parks for working with us.
Couple of Details for the Race:
- Reminder that the SR520 Bridge is closed this weekend. Allow more time from the Eastside.
- We will have a coffee cart on site this week and the rest of the season in the Expo Area.
- Course map is here for review.
- For Season Pass Holders and Preregister Riders WE ARE REQUIRING THAT YOU CHECK IN AT REGISTRATION AT LEAST 25 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR RACE, TO EITHER RECEIVE A CHIP OR HAVE YOUR CHIP LOGGED INTO OUR SYSTEM. This will help insure accurate results. Chips at StarCrossed were not permanently recorded in our series-wide registration system. ALL RIDERS WHO DO NOT CHECK IN WILL NOT BE SCORED.
- Day of Race Registration is available. Riders must register 25 MINUTES BEFORE THEIR RACE.
- Tents will be placed in Parking Lot E4. Enter from the 65th Entrance to the park. Please start the row at the east side of the lot running north to south. Start the second row 10′ off the first to the west. For this week it is critical that you are loaded in by 8:30 pm. Tents not in this area will be taken down as Zac likes to say, “East Coast Style”.
- Please be super friendly to other park users this week. Many folks walk Magnuson Park as a weekly ritual. We are disrupting their ritual a bit this week.
Looking forward to seeing you this Sunday!