First off we want to remind everyone that PreRegistration for Lake Sammamish GP this Sunday, 9/23 ends this Friday, 9/21 at 5:00 pm. Get signed up here. There will be day of race registration.
Also note that the SR520 bridge is closed this weekend. Traffic may be heavier on I-90. Allow additional time to get to the venue.
We wanted to give you a healthy heads-up before Sunday on the parking situation. Lake Sammamish State Park is a Washington State Park. At the race this weekend, each vehicle will be charged for parking. The costs will be as follows:
1. $10/vehicle for single day pass
2. $30/vehicle for annual Discovery Pass
3. No charge if you bring your Discovery Pass
We realize that if you are not prepared, this could catch you by surprise. Plan ahead and come prepared! We’d also ask for your understanding and support of the parks. Lake Sammamish has been very helpful to MFG, as they allowed our event last year (Both StarCrossed and Rapha-Focus GP) to be grandfathered in, and exempt from paying the fee, because we technically applied for our permit earlier in the year, when the Discovery Pass had not yet been introduced. So, please refrain from complaining to the park ranger about the fee; they are on our side.
If you’d like to avoid paying $10, here are some suggestions to avoid the fee:
1. Ride your bike to the race. The Discovery Pass fee is for vehicles only.
2. Carpool with your teammates, and split the cost. (this requires some hard-core math!)
3. Take the bus, and ride your bike into the park.
4. Get a friend with a pass to name your vehicle as a legitimate 2nd user of the Discovery Pass. (UP to 2 vehicles can share a Discovery Pass)
For more information about the Discovery Pass, see this FAQ here:
We look forward to seeing you all on Sunday.