MFG Sponsor: Classic Cycle of Bainbridge Island
What Classic Cycle offers:
Classic Cycle is a 26 year old bike shop on Bainbridge Island. Classic Cycle started in 1985 as a garden and feed store where you could also purchase Trek Bikes. Now, in their 26th year, you can purchase bikes from Trek, Colnago, Independent Fabrication, Lynskey, Pegoretti, and and Scott. Classic Cycle is the home shop of the 2010 Collegiate D1 Cyclocross National Champion Zach McDonald.
Why we like Classic Cycle:
We like Classic Cycle because of their homage to new and old cycling culture. Under one roof, you can see a 1953 Schwinn Panther cruiser bike, and also a carbon Colnago C59. We also love shops that have been around for decades, where their wealth of knowledge is based upon experience, not just Google.
Five things you should know about Classic Cycle:
- It’s Classic Cycle, singular!
- Classic Cycle was founded in 1985, and began by selling oats, hay, and live chickens!
- The Classic Cycle museum features vintage bikes from multiple eras.
- Classic Cycle is the home to Team Rapha Focus rider Zach McDonald.
- Classic Cycle is the day sponsor for MFG #5, Magnuson Park Cross