This coming Sunday we have a new venue in North Bend at Mountain Meadows Farm, site of many a company picnic. The grounds where we will have our race consists primarily of a section of flat lower ground, and flat to rolling higher ground, though not all that much higher. All in all, expect terrain somewhat similar to Finn Hill with more flat ground and without the steep hill. There will be some nice off camber turns, and a fast start, with a lot of bumpy straights. Remember, the faster you go, the less bumpy it feels.
I don’t know what kind of soil they have there, but if it rains, we’ll find out. It could be a mudder’s delight in the lower ground closer to the river.
See you all Sunday.
Added Highlights (from Terry B):
- Prizes three deep for all categories.
- Amazing view of Mount Si.
- Beer Garden thanks to Deschutes Brewery and Mountain Meadows Farm.
- Net proceeds donated to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
- Call-ups for Cancer Survivors.
- Food by Here and There Grill.
- The barrier that got Joey.
- Blue Star Coffee available at Giro Espresso.
- Warm-up trainers provided by CycleOps.
- Demo bikes available thanks to Raleigh.
- Neutral Support by FSA including neutral wheels in the pit.
- Chance to win a Deschutes 6-pack if you preregister.