MFG Sponsor: Lazer Optics
What Lazer Optics does:
Lazer Optics is the newest line of the Lazer Sport family. The optic line includes six profiles for maximum fit, function, and style. Magneto technology allows for the Magneto product to integrate via magnet directly to a Lazer Helmet.
Why we like Lazer Optics:
Lazer Optics, like their helmet line, clearly focuses on fit of the product first and foremost. Additionally the intelligent design utilizing magnets to mate eyewear with helmet is genius!
Five things you should know about Lazer Optics:
- The six models available from Lazer Optics include: Magneto, Solid State, Argon, Electron, Xenon, and Quantum.
- The Electron EC1 comes in a very fresh Gloss Green colorway.
- Ultragrip nosepieces and temples keep the eyewear in place no matter what conditions Mother Nature stirs up.
- The Argon is one of the wider profiles in the line, and sits approximately 144mm wide.
- The Quantum is Lazer Optic’s street wear glass.
MFG Sponsor: Crank Brothers
What Crank Brothers does:
Crank Brothers designs and manufacturers the finest line of bicycle components and accessories for competition and recreation alike. The Crank Brothers line includes pedals, wheels, saddles, tools, stems, seatposts, handlebars, headsets, and hydration packs.
Why we like Crank Brothers:
Crank Brothers, from the start, has been concerned with the aesthetic of product. This is apparent on all visual and print media, including product packaging. What’s more, their products are durable, sensible, and elegant.
Five things you should know about Crank Brothers:
- Crank Brothers recently came out with a hydration pack for all mountain riding called the Descender
- The Crank Brothers line of pedals includes the iconic Egg Beater, the Candy, 50/50, and the Mallet.
- The line-up of Crank Brothers pedals begins with the entry level “1″ series, and goes up the line to 2, 3, and in the case of Egg Beater, the “11“.
- The Crank Brothers Cronolog is the newest dropper seatpost option, offering 125mm of infinte, mechanical adjustment.
- Crank Brothers smartly uses brass as the material for their Premium Cleat.
MFG Sponsor: Fizik
What Fizik does:
fi’zi:k is a racing brand. It represents beauty, speed, passion, freedom for enthusiast cyclists who identify with the feeling of the fire of competition.
Why we like Fizik:
When the iconic Fizik Arione saddle came out circa 2003, we admittedly thought it looked very odd. This was at a time when the Flite and Flite SLR were the hot saddle shapes. Then, we rode the Arione. And we rode it again. And again. Now, it’s the most used saddle among MFG staff. We love that Fizik offers 3 distinct shapes for riders with differing spine flexibilities. We love the aesthetic of the Fizik footwear line. We are firm believers of the Fizik Cyrano seatpost.
Five things you should know about Fizik:
- Fizik’s main saddle shapes for the road are Arione, Aliante, and Antares.
- The Fizik Kurve line of saddles uses the three above-mentioned shapes, and tensions the saddle with tunable nose pieces for a customized ride feel.
- The Fizik Cyrano seatpost is a highly adjustable seat post with independent fore/aft and tilt adjustment.
- Participating Fizik retailers like Cascade Bicycle Studio offer Test Saddles from Fizik.
- The Fizik carbon rail has a dimension of 7mm by 9mm.